Vincent Collet unveiled this Thursday his pre-selection for Eurobasket 2022, which will take place from September 1 and 18, 2022. A list of 17 players in which there is a surprise guest: Victor Wembanyama. Selected for the first time in his career, the young interior of Levallois-Boulogne will therefore be under the orders of his future club coach.
At his side, we find a classic workforce, with the best among the players available since Nando De Colo and Nicolas Batum have skipped this competition.
Faithful to the positions, Evan Fournier and Rudy Gobert will be there, supported by Andrew Albicy, Guerschon Yabusele, Mam Jaiteh, Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot, Amath M’Baye, Frank Ntilikina, Vincent Poirier or even Thomas Heurtel among the executives. Alongside them, Théo Maledon, Elie Okobo, William Howard, Moustapha Fall, Terry Tarpey and Isaia Cordinier.
A busy schedule
Before leaving for the Euro, this group will play several friendly matches but also the qualifying window for the 2023 World Cup.
Then, they will be only 12 to participate in the Euro, whose group stages will take place in four cities, in Tbilisi (Georgia), Prague (Czech Republic), Milan (Italy) and Cologne (Germany) while Berlin ( Germany) will host the final stages.
France was thus placed in group B, with Lithuania of Jonas Valanciunas and Domantas Sabonis, Germany of Dennis Schröder, Slovenia of Luka Doncic, but also Hungary and Bosnia. A group of six in which it will be necessary to finish in one of the first four places to slip into the round of 16.
The complete preparation program of the French team
- Friday, July 29, 2022 : Beginning of the gathering – Tests (INSEP)
- Sunday July 31 to August 6 : Internship in Nanterre
- Sunday August 7 : France – Netherlands in Rouen
- Friday August 12 : Italy – France in Bologna
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 : France – Italy in Montpellier
- Thursday, August 18, 2022 : France – Belgium in Montpellier
- Wednesday August 24, 2022 : France – Czech Republic at the Accor Arena (CDM 2023 qualifications)
- Saturday August 27, 2022 : Bosnia – France (CDM 2023 qualifications)
- Thursday, September 1 : Germany – France at 8:30 p.m. (Eurobasket 2022)
- Saturday, September 3, 2022 : Lithuania – France at 5.45 p.m. (Eurobasket 2022)
- Sunday, September 4, 2022 : Hungary – France at 8:30 p.m. (Eurobasket 2022)
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022 – Bosnia – France at 2:30 p.m. (Eurobasket 2022)
- Wednesday, September 7, 2022 – Slovenia -France at 5:15 p.m. (Eurobasket 2022)